- This event has passed.
S.A.I.L Fitness Instructor Certification Training
July 25, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$75.00
Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL) is a strength, balance and fitness program for adults 65 and older. Performing exercises that improve strength, balance and fitness is the single most important activity adults can do to stay active and reduce their chances of falling. The entire curriculum of activities in the Stay Active and Independent for Life (SAIL) program can help improve strength and balance, if done regularly. The Washington State Department of Health in collaboration with Wellness Place, Inc. administers the SAIL Program in Washington State.
The purpose of training SAIL instructors is to establish new SAIL classes in communities and / or enhance existing fitness classes targeted to adults age 65 and older.
SAIL Instructor Training happens Monday, July 31, 2107 at Cristwood Park (A CRISTA Senior Living Community).
- Learn how lead a SAIL exercise class
- Conduct fitness assessments to identify participant’s level of fitness
- Educate SAIL participants about fall risk factors and recommend activities in addition to exercise that will reduce fall risk
- Assist participants in identifying individual fall risk factors using “My Falls Free” screening tool.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Retirement Community Activity Directors
- Senior Fitness Instructors
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Interested community members
Register at www.sailfitness.org
In collaboration with The Washington State Department of Health with Wellness Place, Inc.