We’d love to hear from you!
CSL - General Interest Form
Sometimes it seems like all we hear about is the negativity of aging. Aches, pains, loss and defeat happen to everyone, not just to those who are growing older. Winston Churchill once said “The young sow wild oats. The old grow sage.” Here are 10 pretty great things about growing older that younger people will not be able to experience until they have a few more years under their belt.
1. Spend time on what you want to. No more 9-5 obligations or running family members around to appointments! You get to choose how you spend your days and with whom.
2. Leave a legacy. Your life, your story, and your existence matter a great deal to your family and friends. Now that you have experienced much of what life offers, you are able to tell an important story and influence others who are following in your footsteps.
3. Have less drama. You’ve seen the good, the bad and the ugly over the years, so now you are able to look a challenge in the eye and know that “all things will work together for good” eventually.
4. Enjoy Grandchildren. You are now a cheerleader and influencer of the greatest kids in the entire world. The heavy duties of parenting have turned into one of the greatest joys of life.
5. You can volunteer. Finally you have the time to give back. You can volunteer without the worry of loss or gain of income. Choose something you love and meet others with the same passion.
6. Creativity blooms afresh. Whether you start painting, fiddling around in the wood shop or become an author, life experience expands creativity as we age.
7. Have a sense of accomplishment. You are talented and resourceful and have spent years investing those talents in a company and/or at home. You can take pride in having accomplished some pretty awesome things over the years and there’s no stopping now! Your third act has just begun!
8. There’s no hurry. You no longer look at speed limits as a challenge. You are allowed to take time to enjoy each day as it unfolds.
9. The body speaks. No one expects you to run…anywhere. Slowing down is a blessing that only the mature can fully enjoy and take advantage of. You have a keen awareness of limitations and are just fine with that.
10. Wisdom abounds. You didn’t get to this age by being senseless! You have grown wise and careful. Rousseau once said, “Youth is a time for assimilation of wisdom. Old age is time for its application.”
The next time you or someone tries to remind us how difficult it is to grow older. Help them to remember that there are more than ten reasons that make aging a great experience. Don’t regret growing older. It is an honor denied to many.
|CRISTA Rehab & Skilled Care Reception (Shoreline)||206-546-7400|
|CRISTA Senior Living Marketing & Sales Office||206-546-7565|
|Cristwood Park (Shoreline)||206-546-7500|
|Cristwood Garden Apartments (Shoreline)||206-546-7575|
|CRISTA Shores (Silverdale)||360-698-0900|
|The Courtyard Assisted Living at Cristwood (Shoreline)||206-546-7575|
|The Courtyard Assisted Living at CRISTA Shores (Silverdale)||360-698-0900|
|CRISTA Rehab & Skilled Care Admissions Office (Shoreline)||206-546-7443|
|Campus Security (Shoreline)||206-546-7555|
|Campus Security (Silverdale)||360-981-7978|